Next week is Canadian Music Week! CMW 2014 is offering a 30% discount on its Music Summit 3-Day pass to Folk Music Ontario members. Your FMO membership must be current to access this discount. Call the FMO office at 1-866-292-6233 by 5:00pm, Friday, May 2 to check your membership status and get the promo code!
Includes: access to Music Summit seminars, Social Music Summit, Live Touring Summit, Songwriters and Publishers Summit, exhibits, International Marketplace, Music Festival Showcases, Film Festival & Comedy Festival.
Join more than 3000 international leaders, experts, colleagues and your peers this May (6-10) in Toronto for Canadian Music Week 2014 – the largest and most influential music and media conference and festival in Canada. CMW provides artists and industry professionals with the tools and knowledge to build their profile in the business and puts them face-to-face with the forward thinkers who shape the entertainment industries. With attendees and speakers from around the world, it provides the ideal platform to advance your career.
CMW 2014 confirmed programming includes:
- celebrity interviews with artists and legends Quincy Jones, Nile Rodgers, Diane Warren, deadmau5, Amanda Palmer, Bruce Cockburn and City and Colour;
- keynotes from music industry veterans Terry Ellis (Imago / Chrysalis Music), Martin Mills (Beggars Group), Daniel Glass (Glassnote Records), and Shelly Finkel (SFX Entertainment), as well as progressive movers Tom Windish (The Windish Agency), David Shing (AOL), Lee Trink (manager for Kid Rock), PJ Bloom (music supervisor for Glee), and Mathew Adell (Beatport);
- exceptional one-on-ones with social media and tech gurus John McAfee, Gary Shapiro (CES), Gary Vaynerchuk, and Erik Martin (Reddit);
- the CMW Synch Summit featuring more than 20 leading music supervisors looking to place music in upcoming advertisements, films, and TV productions and the exclusive opportunity to pitch them your music face to face;
- the International Festival Network – an exclusive networking and matchmaking session for companies to meet with representatives from various international festivals, booking agencies, and promoters from around the world;
- an international marketplace and Export Buyers’ Program featuring a Spotlight on Germany and a Focus on Austria & Switzerland with market overviews, presentations and incoming delegations
- the first-ever official mission from A2IM (American Association of Independent Music) with networking and B2B meeting opportunities;
- incoming delegation from Australia with formal and informal networking events;
- daily mentoring sessions with attending speakers and executives,
- plus performances from more than 1000 artists and much much more.