By any measure, New Brunswick Contemporary Roots and Blues artist Mike Biggar is a natural live performer, known for his roiling live performance style, his soulful, soaring vocals and his disarming onstage humour. With a musical history rooted in a gospel music childhood, Biggar is the picture of a lifetime spent in performance. His style is equal parts gutsy and joyful, reflecting the deep, soulful stamp left by those early musical days. Whether solo, duo or with full band, his rollicking high energy vocals steam down the line like a roots-inspired freight train, perfectly paired with the infectious melodies of his acclaimed songwriting, leaving hearts warmed, or broken, or both. He performs with a unique capacity for stitching songs together with his self-aware, armchair humour through stories and audience interactions.
In his ten-plus years career, Biggar has been honoured with numerous East Coast Music Association and Music New Brunswick awards, including Blues, Country and Inspirational Album of the Year wins.
Biggar's music enjoys regular airplay on CBC, Stingray Music and more – with reviews across Canada, in Europe, the US and Australia, including special features in key publications such as the UK’s Blues Matters and FATEA magazines.
Biggar has been a featured performer on major festival stages such as the Stan Rogers Folk Festival, Cavendish Beach Music Festival, Kempt Shore Acoustic Festival and Harvest Festival. He is often sought out as host for the host chair in songwriter circle shows and has shared the stage with artists such as Steve Earle, Matt Andersen, Stephen Fearing, Lynn Miles, Dave Gunning, Ron Hynes, Rose Cousins, Del Barber, Joey Landreth, Jay Semko and more. Biggar tours Canada and beyond, and with opportunities re-opening and a new album slated for early 2023, Biggar will be sharing his compelling live performance brand more broadly than ever, with bookings ongoing across Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and more.
Album Releases (click to listen):
• LIVE AT THE BMO THEATRE (2019) - Go to album
• GO ALL IN (2017) - Go to album
• FEELS LIKE NOW (2013) - Go to album
• THE SEASON (2011) - Go to album
• Nominated, 2020 Music NB Award - 'Recording of the Year'
• Nominated, 2020 East Coast Music Award - 'Blues Recording of the Year'
• Winner, 2018 East Coast Music Award - 'Blues Recording of the Year'
• Winner, 2017 Music NB Award - 'Blues Artist of the Year'
• Nominated, 2017 Music NB Award - 'SOCAN Song of the Year'
• Nominated, 2015 East Coast Music Award - 'Country Album of the Year'
• Winner, 2014 Music NB Award - 'Country Album of the Year"
• Nominated, 2014 Music NB Award - 'Video of the Year'
• Nominated, 2014 Music NB Award - 'SOCAN Song of the Year'
• Winner, 2012 East Coast Music Award - 'Gospel Recording of the Year'
• Winner, 2011 Music NB Award - 'Inspirational Album of the Year'
• Nominated, 2011 Music NB Award - 'SOCAN Songwriter of the Year'
• BLUES & ROOTS RADIO (Toronto ON):
“He'll have you in tears with lines of love and regret, he'll rip your head off with his powerhouse vocals, delivered with heartfelt emotion; Biggar performs with such sincerity that you could almost say he was singing just to you, and that is the mark of a great songwriter. He deserves national recognition as one of the country’s top live performers, whether in an intimate environment or a theatre stage.”